Guide to Doing Business
Looking for a Specialty Contractor? How do you know which contractor to select? Depending on how big or complex a project is, you might be looking for:
- Architectural Sheet Metal: Specializes in sheet metal work on the form and function of exterior and interior spaces in order to enhance the appearance of a building. For example, siding, gutters, roofs, and decking.
- Balancing Contractor: Tests, adjusts, and balances building operating systems to insure that the entire mechanical system performs to it's maximum potential as intended by the design.
- Combination Mechanical Ventilating Sheet Metal: Contractors fabricate and install both the ductwork and mechanical equipment (heating units, air exchanges, etc.) for buildings and industries according to the specifications. These contractors will often include service of the equipment as part of their specialty.
- Residential HVAC: Installs, maintains and services heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units, along with ductwork, in residential properties and developments.
- Specialty Sheet Metal: Contractors who specialize in "other" sheet metal, such as copper, stainless steel, and alloys. Their work includes kitchens, laboratories, decorative interior and exterior finishing. Also includes "production" shops that provide pre-formed sheet metal goods for other contractors.
- Ventilating Sheet Metal: Fabricates and installs sheet metal ductwork. Includes heating, air conditioning, and exhaust systems for building and industry.